There’s nothing more frustrating than tearing apart your entire car with the goal of fixing a problem yourself, only to discover that the repair is beyond your skills. Unfortunately, this is a situation many well-intentioned do-it-yourself enthusiasts face. Sure, some fixes can easily be completed in your garage or driveway, but others require the training and expertise of a professional auto repair shop in Everett, WA. Trying to fix the issue on your own could require additional repairs or even cause irreversible damage to the car.
The key is being able to recognize when the job is too complicated to complete yourself. Here are seven vehicle repair jobs that should only be handled by a reputable car repair shop:
- Replacing a windshield: Cracked and chipped windshields should always be left to the professionals. Replacing a windshield is an incredibly delicate job that requires the use of specially designed tools that usually aren’t found in most home toolkits. Plus, a shoddy replacement job could leave you stuck with a leaky piece of glass.
- Repairing an air conditioner: The air conditioning system is a bit more complicated than it may seem. The AC system contains several different chemicals that could be dangerous if handled incorrectly. Because of this, it’s important that only professionals attempt to fix a failing air conditioner.
- Transmission repairs: The transmission is a confusing and complex maze of tensions, gears, bearings and rods. Each component needs to be placed into its exact spot to function properly. Incorrectly repairing the transmission or installing a new one will be quite the challenge for a novice. This highly specialized procedure requires an expert auto repair shop in Everett, WA.
- Electrics: Modern cars rely on a complicated series of wires controlled by a computer. Diagnosing an electrical problem and making the right repairs can be quite tricky without the use of state-of-the-art systems only available to professionals.
- Snapped coil springs: The coil springs are under an extreme amount of pressure. Swapping the springs on your own could have deadly results if something were to go wrong. It’s best to leave this one to the experts.
- Timing belt: The timing belt will inevitably need to be replaced at some point. However, that doesn’t mean it is something you should attempt to do on your own. Replacing the timing belt involves disassembling a large portion of the engine and installing the new part before reassembling everything. One minor misstep could permanently maim the vehicle.
- Body work: No one wants to drive a car with an ugly paint job. Applying paint or repairing damaged body panels is messy, time-consuming and expensive. Accidentally miscalculating the paint ratio or purchasing the wrong sealant could leave you with an embarrassing mess.
It’s clear that some repairs are best left to the pros. Call Auto Truck Service Inc. today to get the job done right the first time. We’ll get to the bottom of the problem and make the repairs quickly, so you can get back on the road in no time. Stop by our auto repair shop in Everett, WA or give us a call today!
Categorised in: Car Repairs