Snow, ice and plummeting temperatures provide a range of auto safety hazards during the winter months, but you can prepare your car—and yourself—to handle any kind of weather. Taking some precautions will pay off when you’re feeling relaxed on the road, rather than stressed out about a potential crash or breakdown.
Making regular visits to a trusted mechanic in Everett, WA is the way to go to ensure that your vehicle is ready for whatever Mother Nature throws at it. Read on to find out what the experts say about preparing your vehicle for winter:
- Get your vehicle serviced now: Breaking down is never fun, but it can be dangerous in the winter. If you have a long trip ahead of you, make sure that everything’s good to go well ahead of time. Have a technician give your car a thorough and complete inspection before you hit the road.
- Cooling system: Antifreeze is essential for protecting your car during the winter months. A 50-50 mix of coolant and water is best for starting the car. Buy a device at an auto parts store for checking the coolant to protect your engine’s health.
- Four-wheel drive: If you’re in the market for a new car and winter driving is a priority, then you’ll want to look into a four-wheel drive vehicle. These vehicles distribute power to both the rear and front wheels to provide additional traction. This is useful in challenging weather conditions to give your vehicle an edge.
- Winter tires: Changing out your tires can make a world of difference when the road conditions deteriorate. Winter tires are formed using rubber compounds that are pliable even in cold temperatures. Combined with edges that adhere to the road better, you’re less likely to fishtail or lose control when you use a high-quality set of winter tires.
- Battery: The battery distributes power and is essential to the car’s proper functioning. You want to make sure you invest in a high-quality battery and that it’s maintained regularly. During the winter, it’s a bit more difficult, as batteries lose power when the temperature drops. Inspect the level at which the battery is delivering power—good, powerful batteries rate at least 600 cold cranking amps (CCA) in 30 seconds.
Everyone needs a mechanic in Everett, WA that they can rely on. You want experienced technicians who know how to get the job done. Or maybe you’re looking for a fleet maintenance partner to keep your vehicles out on the road. Whatever your case may be, Auto Truck Service Inc. will deliver on all your automotive needs. We aim to be your all-in-one mechanic in Everett, WA, providing everything from simple oil changes and routine maintenance to precision machining and even marine engine service.
We’ve become the community’s leader because of our deep knowledge of a range of cars and our commitment to providing outstanding customer service. Through our diagnostic approach we make sure we’re delivering the services your vehicle needs at a level that truly improves its mechanical function. Call or stop by today to learn more about how we can help you.
Categorised in: Misc. Vehicle Information