It often seems like summer is the season for breakdowns when it comes to our cars. Long road trips and extreme heat all add wear and tear to our vehicles, especially their engines. The radiator is often the cause of a breakdown when heat is at the root of vehicle issues. If you want to avoid a breakdown and subsequent expensive radiator repair in Everett, WA, you’ll want to keep a lookout for these signs of a failing radiator and get it looked at before your next road trip:
- Overheated vehicle: If your vehicle is overheating, you’ll notice that the cabin is unusually hot, which means the engine is overheating and the radiator is likely at fault. You shouldn’t continue to drive in the event of an overheated engine, because the components of your car could become so hot that they break down, resulting in a need for expensive radiator repair in Everett, WA.
- Leaking coolant: You’ll know if your radiator is leaking coolant, because underneath your car will be a puddle of green liquid or other syrupy-looking goo. However, leaks can happen in many different parts of the radiator, so it’s not an easy problem for just anyone to fix. You’ll need to take your car to a mechanic for radiator repair in Everett, WA.
- Brown radiator fluid: You’ll need to check the radiator itself to detect this problem. Radiator fluid is typically yellow or green, so if you look at your radiator and it is covered in a viscous brown fluid, you know you have a problem. When the fluid is in this condition, it can’t flow back to the engine, resulting in overheating.
- Low coolant light: Another handy indicator that you have an issue with your radiator is if the low coolant light illuminates on your dashboard. If you’ve recently refilled your coolant, you can assume that you probably have a leak when the light comes on.
- Collapsed radiator hose: An important component of the radiator is the radiator hose, which can sometimes be the source of the problem in the event of a breakdown. If the problem you are experiencing is with the hose, it’s a pretty easy fix, and you’ll just have to take your car to a mechanic for a new hose. However, if the radiator is also broken, you’ll need complete radiator repair in Everett, WA.
If you’re experiencing any of these worrying signs, you’ll want to get a mechanic to take a look at your vehicle as soon as possible. It’s better to address small problems as they happen and avoid a major breakdown or doing even more damage to your engine and its parts that will result in much more costly repairs. Performing routine maintenance like getting your oil changed and checking the components of your engine and radiator will help you spot problems before they turn into much bigger ones.
Auto Truck Service Inc provides a complete range of auto repair services. For over 40 years, our certified technicians have been providing quality service and maintenance to all types of vehicles. Come see us for your radiator repair in Everett, WA!
Categorised in: Overheating Engine