There’s an old wives’ tale that says drivers should “floor it” every once in a while to clear carbon out of their engine. Unfortunately, that type of aggressive driving doesn’t actually offer any benefits, and can even cause some significant problems for you and your car. Keep reading to learn more about brake maintenance in Everett, WA and the downsides of aggressive driving:
- Brake problems: Flooring it might be fun for a few seconds, but you’re eventually going to have to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting another car. Coming to a screeching halt like that wears down your brakes very quickly. Unless you want to replace your brakes every few months, we recommend driving more moderately.
- Fuel consumption: Driving aggressively uses up a lot more fuel than driving at a slow and steady speed. Even if you own a fuel-efficient hybrid vehicle, you’ll waste a ton of gas by driving like a maniac. Your gas tank and your wallet will thank you for driving more slowly!
- Engine issues: Unless you drive a race car or high-performance sports car, your engine isn’t able to handle driving at high speeds. Flooring it puts a lot of strain on the engine and leads to premature wear and tear. Going the speed limit and obeying traffic laws can save you a lot of money on expensive repairs.
- Accidents: There’s a direct relationship between aggressive driving and car accidents—and it makes sense! The faster you drive, the more likely you are to slam into another car, injure a pedestrian or possibly run off the road. Take it slow and ensure the safety of everyone in your car and in other vehicles.
Having brake problems? Choose Auto Truck Service Inc.
Nobody beats Auto Truck Service Inc. when it comes to ensuring your brakes are as safe as can be. Here are a few reasons why our customers choose us time and time again for brake maintenance in Everett, WA:
- Highly-skilled mechanics: You don’t want just anyone with a socket wrench working on your vehicle. You want to ensure that the mechanic under the hood knows exactly what he’s doing! That’s what you get when you come to Auto Truck Service Inc. We’ve been in business since 1978, performing a whole host of repairs and tune-ups for cars and trucks.
- Fair rates: There’s no reason to overpay for auto work. That’s why we charge competitive prices for all of our services. When you come to Auto Truck Service Inc., you can rest easy knowing you’re not throwing your money away.
- Full-service shop: On top of brake maintenance, we provide a huge variety of services for all of our clients. We can perform work on any aspect of your car or truck, and we even offer maintenance and repair for fleet vehicles.
Regardless of the type of car you drive, be sure to choose our team at Auto Truck Service Inc. to care for it. We handle everything from simple brake maintenance in Everett, WA to engine rebuilds!
Categorised in: Vehicle Maintenance