Chevrolet express cargo vans are a go-to source for small business owners as a reliable solution for their operations. Still, even the most reliable vehicles have occasional issues. For this vehicle, several issues are the most common. Following are the most frequent issues that require Chevrolet express cargo van repair in Everett, WA:
- Rear lighting issues: When this van is the vehicle of choice, it’s probably because the owner plans to make extensive use of the cargo area. When this space is used frequently, the wear and tear can cause damage to the van’s taillight wiring. This, in turn, causes the rear lights to fail. The typical Chevrolet express cargo van repair in Everett, WA to correct this problem involves replacing the taillight harness and the bulbs. This is a fairly simple and inexpensive repair.
- Fuel level errors: If you drive one of these cargo vans, you may find that you run out of gas sooner than expected. It is common for the fuel tank in these vehicles to incorrectly read the fuel supply level. Since it is important to know how much gas is in the tank, it is important to make the necessary Chevrolet express cargo van repair in Everett, WA as soon as possible. To correct this issue, you should replace the fuel pump module. This is typically a mid-range repair, costing between $600 and $1,000.
- Leaky gasket: Over time, the intake manifold gasket can experience wear that results in a leak. Engine oil or coolant may leak to the exterior, or internal coolant may leak into the engine oil. In either case, Chevrolet express cargo van repair in Everett, WA is needed to prevent further damage to the system. To correct the problem, you should replace the intake manifold gasket. This repair typically costs several hundred dollars.
- Engine overheating: In addition to a manifold gasket leak, these cargo vans often experience coolant leaks from the water pump. If this happens, the engine will overheat. If the engine overheats, this can damage or even destroy the engine components. To keep your vehicle appropriately cooled, replace the water pump if it is leaking coolant. Expect to spend between $300 and $600 for this Chevrolet express cargo van repair in Everett, WA.
- Electrical damage: This is often caused by improper maintenance of the vehicle. Depending on what you are transporting, the cargo area can become quite dirty. If you are tempted to hose down this rear area, don’t do it—using excess water in the cargo area can cause electrical damage. Several electrical components are located under the carpet, so you must avoid soaking these parts with water.
Get reliable repairs
When you need Chevrolet express cargo van repair in Everett, WA, reach out to the pros at Auto Truck Service Inc. We’ve been serving our community of Everett since 1978. Locally owned and family operated, we provide a personalized customer service experience to ensure that all your needs are met. With over 40 years of experience, we get the job done right the first time. Stop in or contact us today!
Categorised in: Vehicle Maintenance