Signs You May Be in Need of Radiator Repairs
May 14, 2020
The radiator inside your vehicle is in charge of pumping coolant through the engine to prevent it from overheating. For this reason, it’s important that you ensure the radiator stays in good operational condition at all times.
Here are just a few of the most common signs that indicate your vehicle is in need of some attention from trusted radiator repair specialists in Everett, WA:
- Overheating: This is probably the most obvious sign you can get that you’re experiencing radiator trouble. If your vehicle begins to overheat, or you see steam coming out from under the hood, this means the coolant isn’t doing its job, which could be because the radiator isn’t circulating it through the engine. If you see your vehicle overheating, it’s important to get off the road as soon as it’s safe to do so, and seek immediate assistance from an auto technician.
- Rust or discoloration on the radiator: Rust on the radiator could be a sign that there is a leak somewhere in the system, or a poor connection with the hose to the cooling system. Spots of discoloration on the radiator can be a precursor to rust and also indicative of a leak somewhere in the system. In either case, you should carefully examine the radiator and see if there are any signs of leaks.
- Coolant leak: If you do discover a coolant leak, then this could be a sign there’s something wrong with your radiator that needs to be repaired. The fluid could be a bright green, pink or yellow color, depending on the kind of coolant you have. Fluid leaking from your vehicle is obviously a bad thing, because you need that coolant inside your vehicle to keep your engine from getting too hot, and to keep it from freezing during the winter. The leak may be somewhere in the radiator.
- Hot temperature gauge: If you frequently see the needle on your dashboard temperature gauge indicating hot temperatures, then there’s some sort of issue with your radiator. You could be running low on coolant, or you might have a problem with the thermostat itself that needs to be repaired. In either situation, you’re going to need to enlist the assistance of a professional mechanic to examine and address the problem.
- Low levels of coolant: Low coolant levels could be indicative of a leak, especially if you’ve recently filled up your coolant. However, it could also just be that long-term usage has resulted in coolant levels diminishing, and you just need to replenish them. You should make it a point to regularly check all of your vehicle’s fluids, including the coolant, to make sure they’re at the proper level and to give your engine the protection it needs.
If you’re interested in learning more about how to tell if you’re in need of radiator service for your vehicle, we encourage you to contact the radiator repair specialists in Everett, WA at Auto Truck Service Inc. We’d be glad to answer any questions you have for our team.
Categorised in: Car Repairs