Whether you’re shopping for a used van or simply want to know what issues to look for with your current Mercedes vehicle, it can be helpful to know the most common issues that the van experiences. Following are some of the most common problems that require Mercedes Benz cargo van repair in Everett, WA:
- Pipe leak: This problem is not easy to detect. Too often, it causes damage before the vehicle owner realizes it is an issue. The exhaust flex pipe leaks exhaust, which melts wiring and DEF components. This damage causes the engine to shut down.
- Rumbling noises: If the cargo van shudders or vibrates, this could be due to one of several issues. The transmission fluid could be the incorrect type, or there may be a lack of fluid. If the torque converter lock clutch wears out, you’ll experience this rumbling sensation.
- Oil leak: If you notice engine oil on the cooler seals, this is because the oil cooler has sprung a leak and your vehicle needs Mercedes Benz cargo van repair in Everett, WA. The liquid may seep out onto the seals when the system is no longer fully reliable.
- Failed glow plugs: When glow plugs in a Mercedes Benz cargo van fail, they may cause additional issues besides simple replacement. They may become lodged in the cylinder head if other modules break as well.
- Count-down: If the van begins a count-down for how many startups remain for the vehicle, this indicates an issue with the DEF system. When these sensors fail, the necessary Mercedes Benz cargo van repair in Everett, WA is quite involved and expensive.
- DEF heater issues: If the heater on the DEF tank fails, this will trigger the check engine light. If this happens in the summer, it might not be an issue right away. However, since the DEF heater ensures the DEF doesn’t freeze, you’ll need to make the appropriate Mercedes Benz cargo van repair in Everett, WA before winter.
- Diesel particulate filter clogging: This filter prevents black smoke by capturing exhaust particles. Once the filter is clogged, the exhaust temperature will increase. Eventually, the clogging will interrupt the exhaust flow and cause issues that require Mercedes Benz cargo van repair in Everett, WA. To prevent this, always replace the filter once it becomes dirty. Consult with your local technician to determine how often this maintenance should occur.
- Refrigerant leak: Work vans get a lot of wear and tear. This means a leak in the AC refrigerant is likely to occur at some point. When this happens, the AC system will no longer work. If the AC system is inoperable, ask a technician to check the system for leaks and make the proper Mercedes Benz cargo van repair in Everett, WA.
Partner with the pros
When you want expert Mercedes Benz cargo van repair in Everett, WA, contact Auto Truck Service Inc. Our knowledgeable staff will ensure that we get to the bottom of your issue and get you back out on the road in no time. Stop in or call us today!
Categorised in: Vehicle Maintenance