5 Signs Your Car May Need a Transmission Repair
Your vehicle’s transmission does more for your vehicle than you might realize. It allows you to speed up, slow down, and adjust speed as needed. To make sure that you are keeping your transmission in good shape, there are a few things you should look out for.
Signs You Need a Transmission Repair
Your transmission is a huge part of your vehicle, and here are some signs that you might need to have it worked on:
- Noticeable Fluid leaks – The transmission is a closed system that should not leak if it is working properly and if it is not damaged in any way. If you notice that there is transmission fluid on the driveway, or you see that there is a low fluid warning, you might have a transmission leak which means you may need a transmission repair.
- Burning Smells – Another sign that your transmission might not be working properly is a burning smell. This can mean that your vehicle is overheating, your transmission is burning, or you are low on transmission fluid.
- Slipping Gears – This is one of the most obvious signs of something wrong with your transmission. The transmission is full of gears that help shift your engine to offer more or less power, depending on what you want your vehicle to do. If you notice that your transmission is slipping or that you are slipping gears, you may need to have your transmission looked at.
- Your Car Will Not Switch Gears – This is another very serious issue. If you notice that you are driving and your vehicle will not shift either up or down, you may have a transmission that is not working well for you.
- Unresponsive Vehicle – If your vehicle is completely unresponsive, this is a sign that your transmission is likely fully damaged and does need to be replaced. If your transmission is not working well, you may notice that you cannot even shift out of park and cannot drive your car.
What To Do?
If you notice any of the issues we have already discussed, you should take the time to get your car into the shop as quickly as possible. You can save a transmission that has been damaged and has some damage, but if you continue to try to drive your vehicle with a damaged transmission, it can cause a ton of issues for the entire vehicle.
Taking the time to get your vehicle in for regular maintenance and ensuring you are taking care of any issues you notice can help you keep your vehicle working well no matter what.
Categorised in: Car Repairs